Little did anyone imagine that a 15th-century discovered dark brown-colored hot beverage in Yemen would be one of the most popular drinks in the world centuries later.
There are three main servings of coffee: caffe latte, French press, and espresso.
- Powerful Tips to Build Your Coffee Branding
- Usages of Coffee Drinking
- Target Audience of coffee
- Defining the Target Audience
- The Big Formula of Marketing
- Product Raw Materials Sourcing
- The complete brand and marketing communications
- Brand message
- Brand Voice
- Brand Personality
- Advertising communications
- Competitor’s activities
- Packaging design
- Channels of distribution
- Sample test marketing
- Brand Integration
- Similar Posts:
Powerful Tips to Build Your Coffee Branding
Coffee is a refreshing drink because of the small amount of caffeine, which, after intake, simply energizes the whole body system.
Usages of Coffee Drinking
Apart from being a stimulating drink, coffee has got many health benefits, such as—-
- Very fruitful in cases of type 2 diabetes.
- Coffee reduces mental and physical fatigue.
- Protects the liver against cirrhosis
- Reduces joint and muscle pains
- Coffee is presumed beneficial for Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Beneficial in specific heart ailments
- Beneficial in rheumatic pain
Target Audience of coffee
Nowadays, coffee is being taken by young teenagers in middle-level schools. Still, usually, the preferred age group is young adults and above, up to senior citizens who have to maintain strict work deadlines in their working and educational environments.
Coffee intake will immediately reduce mental and physical stress. Therefore, this is the right target audience.
- Behavioral patterns of coffee users — Demographically, if seen, it is found that early morning risers, young urban professionals, go-getters, and jet setters are the core group whose coffee intake is the highest.
Defining the Target Audience
Once the target audience has been found, which is young adults up to corporate suave upmarket senior citizens, the psychographic profile of the coffee consumers is of prime importance to know.
As coffee is a great stimulant that is perceived to be imparting immediate energy, the coffee marketer must know that a coffee user is ready to fish out that extra premium for his cup of coffee.
Young adults from 20+ years to 45+ years are the biggest segment of coffee users. One has to get an insight of the social habits of the right target audience,
The Big Formula of Marketing
To make a brand successful in the consumer psyche so that there is a positive rub-off in other sister brands, the modus operandi below is pursued globally-
- First and foremost is the initiative to create the rapt attention of the premium brew and the brand amongst the target audience.
- Secondly is the issue of creating interest in that particular brand, why the customers should be skewed towards that brand,
- The real challenge starts now to create an urge, that desire, craving, and yearning to go for that particular coffee brand.
- Next, the customer needs to be induced to buy that particular brand
Product Raw Materials Sourcing
Sourcing coffee beans is a very major input for the success of that particular brand. The better the beans are sourced, the better the taste of coffee, which in turn means better product acceptability and a better profit margin.
The following two points are essential for coffee sourcing-
Vendor selection – vendor or supplier selection is an important criterion; the more reputed and well-organized the vendor is, the chance of better beans and pods is almost certain.
Purchase price and quality– the price and quality at which the materials are being procured are also very important.
The complete brand and marketing communications
The brand communications form the brand personification of the coffee brand, which will have the following important points.
Brand logo — Choosing and designing a logo in synergy with the product is very important. After all, the logo is the first and foremost representation of the brand.
Brand name and tagline – The brand name have to be again in sync with the logo, and the tagline in one line or one sentence should be able to explain concisely what this brand is all about.
Colour of the logo and brand name – The color of the logo and the branding are very important. Usually, rich dark brown with a golden tinge will be very apt.
Brand positioning —– the marketer has to decide how he will position his brand in the market, whether as a very niche brand or as a me-too one; usually, for coffee, niche positioning is preferred.
Pricing of the product – Pricing is very important, and strategy is involved. One can go for market penetration, whereby prices are at par or below as it is higher priced in the market than its competitors, the pricing of competitors or niche pricing, by which the consumer perception will be that the coffee brand is a premium product.
As coffee is a hot beverage intended to pep up the coffee lover in cases of mental and physical fatigue, the consumer should be immediately able to relate the brand with his preferences, likes, and dislikes and pursue and inspire to go for that particular brand only.
In the case of coffee, the aroma and the immediate alertness in the system is an instant examples of the right brand message. It can also have other attributes like its effect as a pain reliever, nutrition, taste, and color.
In a nutshell, the consumer should be able to relate to the brand.
The brand voice is a very important aspect of effective marketing communications for any brand and, more importantly, for a coffee brand that is naturally close to the heart of the coffee connoisseur.
A brand voice is decided by the psychographic and demographic profiles of the coffee brand’s target audience. The brand voice is the tone of the total marketing communications on which the brand will revolve and address the target audience.
For a coffee brand, a sophisticated voice will be more apt than the loud one because the voice must confidently match the ideal temperament of the target audience.
For a top-end coffee brand choosing the right brand and personality is of prime importance. Being a set of human characteristics connected to the brand, it will either make or break the brand.
The brand personality should be such that it is in perfect sync with the mindset of the chosen target audience. All three —- brand personality, voice, and message should be in tandem with each other.
Any mismatch between these three will be disastrous for the brand as the entire marketing communication will go haywire.
For a coffee advertising campaign, the copywriting and the body copy of the advertisement matter has to be such that it is eye-catching and attention-grabbing. At the same time, the following must be kept in mind-
Media options – Choosing the right media options is very important as one has to reach the right target audience within the allocated budget effectively. Choosing options becomes necessary as one has to decide whether print mediums like dailies and magazines will be better or audiovisual medium like TV and radio, FM, social media, and digital media, which is the current trend. An outdoor medium like hoardings and wall wrappings can also be considered a perfect reminder medium.
Over-the-counter options – Over-the-counter sales promotion options like gifts, scratch coupons, lottery, and exchange offers can also be considered.
Participation in fairs and events – Participation in fairs, events, and cultural programs also will give mileage as the footfalls in these types of events are the niche type of audience right category for a coffee brand.
Tracking every minute of the competitors is also very important, especially in the coffee market segment, where brand loyalty is of utmost importance. The following are the broad activities of the competitors that need to be analyzed.
- Competitor pricing
- Competitor’s procurement policy
- Competitor packaging
- Competitor publicity activities
- Competitors’ marketing strategies to woo the public in general and trade also.
- Competitor’s trade schemes that it offers to the channel of distribution.
A regular track of all these above is of significant magnitude.
It is quite natural that for any coffee brand to excel and reach unassailable height, packaging design and material must be of brilliant category.
The packaging design has to be so appealing that it immediately catches the concentration of the prospective consumer. The inner foil of the packaging has to be of good quality so that the coffee inside is appropriately preserved.
Channels of distribution
For a coffee brand in this competitive market, proper channels of distribution and supply chain management are also very important.
It has to be categorically seen that the retail outlets are always sufficient with stocks, and the minimum time is allowed for replenishment of supplies in the retail outlets; It should never happen this way that loyal customers do not get their favorite coffee brand from any retail outlet as switching brands might cost dearly.
Sample test marketing
Since coffee is a food and beverage item, consumer preferences will be handy before a grand product launch; small sample surveys with sample pouches, if conducted, can give a real insight into the tastes preferences and the shortcomings of the coffee brand before or during a product launch so that deficiencies can be overcome.
Brand integration is critical as the brand visibility should be there with anything related to the coffee brand. Some of the ideal brand integration ideas are as under-
Office and retail/ trade environment:
- Display and glow sign boards at vantage points to attract attention
- Point of sale displays at important retail counters
- Office interior decorations
- Branding of Selected coffee parlors exclusively.
- Brand displays at well-known restaurants and coffee lounges
- In-shop displays and shop / on-shop brandings of selected retail counters
- Whatsapp group
- Google Plus
- Upload on YouTube.
Website and portal:
- The website design should integrate the house color and the coffee color
- The website should be user friendly
- It should be readable on mobile as well as a tab
- The website should have all comprehensive information
- It should be connected to the e-commerce portal
- Search engine optimization should be the highest.
- 50+ Famous Green Logos of Popular Brands
- 16 Strategies to Make a Flagship Brand ( Examples)
- 207+ Coffee Slogans and Taglines
- How to Choose the Best Logo for Your Business
- 25 Things that Matter Most in Online Store Branding
Marketing | Branding | Blogging. These Three Words Describe Me in The Best Way. I Am a Self-Taught Marketer with 10 Years of Experience. Helping Startups/ It Companies/ and Small Businesses to Enhance Their Business Through Branding and Marketing Ideas. On A Mission to Help Small Businesses to Be a Brand.